New technique for bleeding the slave cylinder (external type) 350z DE

gareth29

Having problems with my clutch - bled the slave, but the problem was soon back, then found this

This guy seems to know what hes talking about - and from memory of the system on the z i think it may work?

It works and that's how I bled my last clutch change with Z speed Tilton racing MC upgrade. Works great and bleeding take a few minutes! It's also easy for having the z speed MC upgrade with a custom single line between MC and SC.

I blocked the SC while insitu by pushing in the piston all the way in and jamming a multiple fat metal washers between it and the clutch fork lever. Any object will work just need to improvise.

From here just bleed as normal all the system just bleeds from the MC via the clutch line since the SC is completely emptied of air. Once all the air is out of the system and with pedal down just close the SC bleed nipple and remove washers etc so the SC piston extend to contact with the clutch fork lever. Your pedal will be firm and the operation should be crisp.

I will post up my full upgrade and feedback at some point.

This method is not "new" and does not work for each car. The OEM way of doing it works but is tedious to get the air out but if you have a power bleed it will be as quick.

• Like 1