Clutch & Flywheel issue

Hughesie90

So i snapped my pivot bearing a while back and the garage have fitted a new, the mechanic phoned me to say my flywheel is on it's way out and has around 1 1/2 inch of play, he said it could last another 5-6 months or longer but as he's there and has the gearbox etc out im tempted to just replace it, alternatively i could wait for it to go and do the clutch and flywheel in a one. how much play should it have?

also has anyone replaced their clutch thruster bearing, apparently that's making alot of noise too, I've never noticed it though.

Clutch pivot ball, pilot bushing, clutch fork, bearing, clutch and fly should all be replaced when the box is out.

No ifs buts or maybe's

Probably best also to swop out the slave and fit a braided line and new high temp fluid and new gearbox fluid when you are at it.

Alex. :)

Clutch pivot ball, pilot bushing, clutch fork, bearing, clutch and fly should all be replaced when the box is out.

No ifs buts or maybe's

Probably best also to swop out the slave and fit a braided line and new high temp fluid and new gearbox fluid when you are at it.

Alex. :)

Thanks Alex, i have everything you mentioned above bar the clutch and fly, was hoping they didn't need replacing, is your logic based on the fact that while it's all out just do it because of labour costs? or you just shouldn't put the old stuff back in?

Labour costs is the main issue as you will have to pay twice if you have to do the fly and clutch in 6 months time.

If there is wear on the clutch and movement on the fly then best to replace.

Unfortunately I do not have the benefit of seeing the drive train parts so difficult to call, however you have my view.