Big aircon ****up

dann2010

So i went to "wilco motor save" today as its near me and i thought what can go wrong. I paid 40 quid for my aircon to be refilled... the machine did it all okay and filled her then they tested it...

I went on my travels and thought id put it on for a bit and see how is...

Stop at some light and BANG!

Massive bang with a huge cloud of mist, and engine died...

Funny enought everyone came running to my rescue but car didnt start for 10 mins after but it did finally start..

So i drove it back to "wilco" and they looked in bay and green @*!# everywwhere, they said the high pressure pipe had come apart...

What are my options....

What do i need to get back air con

And coukd tbey if over pressurzied it?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

There saying its not there problem as it can happen on any car, the machine past it and filled it and it woukdnt if done that if there was an issue.

He then said sounds like it jasnt had aircon in for a long time...

Yet i told him i used it everyday its just not as cold so reason i wanted it charging

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Tell them that, on the balance of probabilities, they caused the damage as everything was fine before they touched it. Ask them to put it in writing that they refuse to repair it, and then if they do inform them you'll be contacting small claims court for the costs. Go get a quote from a reputable garage, and that's your cost right there.

That's the perfect scenario. Now, whilst it's highly improbable that suddenly the pipe let go, it's also not impossible. I'd be looking at a fall back plan of them to cover the labour if you cover the parts, and obviously another regas for free.