G35 Rear Spatz Installation Question

Piranha

Hi all, I've just finished colour coding the G35 Spatz I picked up and plan to fit them to my skyline at the weekend.

The Spatz didn't come with ant fixings apart from the 3m tape.

Can anyone who has fitted these confirm if I use self tapping screws to fit with the pre drilled holes in the Spatz or are bolts used to fit.

Thanks in advance

I haven't fitted these obviously as I don't have a G35 but I cannot see any reason why you can't just use self tappers.

Years ago I fitted some mudflaps on a previous car and used self tapping screws to do that which worked very well.

All I'd say is make sure you drill a small pilot hole firstly for each screw once you're positive on it's location and use stainless steel self tapping screws with stainless steel washers as both will be exposed to a lot of water etc.

Link: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/No-6-3-5mm-SELF-TAPPING-A2-STAINLESS-STEEL-SCREWS-RECESS-SCREW-PAN-HEAD-POSI-/200950035589?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=500176602563&hash=item2ec98e3485

:thumbs:

• Like 1

I haven't fitted these obviously as I don't have a G35 but I cannot see any reason why you can't just use self tappers.

Years ago I fitted some mudflaps on a previous car and used self tapping screws to do that which worked very well.

All I'd say is make sure you drill a small pilot hole firstly for each screw once you're positive on it's location and use stainless steel self tapping screws with stainless steel washers as both will be exposed to a lot of water etc.

Link: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/No-6-3-5mm-SELF-TAPPING-A2-STAINLESS-STEEL-SCREWS-RECESS-SCREW-PAN-HEAD-POSI-/200950035589?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=500176602563&hash=item2ec98e3485

:thumbs:

Good idea on the pilot hole, it will make fitting more precise.

I already have some automotive self tappers so will use those with some stainless washers as suggested.

To be honest with 4 self tappers and 3m strips on each? I can't see them coming off.

Fingers crossed🙈