General newbie questions

Ollydykins

Hey guys what's up, had my zed for a little over a month now, so I obviously have a few questions, if anybody (which I have no doubt about) have any answers ( or alternatives) It would be greatly appreciated!

So before this I had a 1.2 Clio, so I'm not used to having so many things to think about, and in not a massive car geek as it is.

I obviously love my zed, but can't wait to start doing little bits to it, I have already got;

- sport exhaust

- air filter (but will need replacing soon)

What I have questions about;

- it's a jap import, so how can I change the gauge to 'mph' rather than 'km/h'

-obviously heard of getting the car

Mapped, but is it worth it, obviously I know it all depends whether you think paying £xx amount is worth 10bph or whatever, but looking after some opinions/advice

- general mods, any little drubs and drabs I can make/do to increase the performance and looks of the car ( I'm not saying I'm not happy with it, I love the stock)

And that's it for now, would be very grateful for any feedback,

/Newbie out 😂😓

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if you go to modifications in the 350z section, and then click on performance, you'll see a thread "Dyno results" about re-maps/uprev. It shows the results of what people made after their re-maps and some people have put what mods they have done to achieve this. Whether re-mapping is worth it or not is always a debate but it's really up to you! :) welcome to the forum BTW

Edited by Rock_Steady

Yes as above browse the forum sections and you will see endless ideas on what to do - loads of 'how to ..' guides as well if you like a bit of DIY.

First mod is a stubby aerial if it doesn't already have one :teeth:

In terms of your import, you have two options, buy a speedo converter and fit it - kits are usually around the £30 mark I think. Means removing the dash etc. Or you can ask a company to fabricate a speedo cover and just put it over your existing one so the needle still moves around at the same speed but the read out is in mph (so you might have 240kmh at the moment or something but your new read out on the dash is 160mph) which some imports I have seen have done. Converter is usually the best way and how most import companies will do it.