What issues does the 06/56 Satnav have?

Mikevv

Maybe I didn't search properly, or I'm lazy , but I can't seem to find a thread on the details of issues people have with their satnavs?

I'm currently looking at an 06/56 car with sat nav and BOSE unit, but I want to know what issues they have

From what I've seen the BOSE tends to skip and be a bit dodgy after a while, which made me worry what about the sat nav?

It's not a huge issue, a member is selling his 05 satnav for a great price, but I'm not sure that it will be compatible with my ( potential ) car

I'm a total rookie when it comes to I.C.E , the biggest job I've done is nibbled out metal rear parcel shelves for bigger 6 x 9 speakers YEARS ago with my dad - My current car has an aftermarket head unit and it was a ball ache to get it to sit flush so I want to try and keep it stock if I can :)

Any pointers would help guys, again sorry for being a total rookie, at both I.C.E and forums :S

Mike

I've had no issues with the satnav in mine. Only annoying thing about it is you can't input postcodes.

This. Plus get yourself an updated disc unless the car your getting comes with it of course.

In terms of the Bose and SatNav they operate independently, but if you change the stereo you will lose the SatNav voice. I think there's some way around that with getting another speaker fitted for the voice but you'd have to ask someone else about that one.

• Like 1

Do you mean X6 or X7 system.

Either way both can be updated here for a 'tad' less than what Nissan charge:-

http://www.navigationmaps.co.uk/nissan-22-c.asp

2013 is the latest update. Updates do not enhance the system just update the map, and sometimes the pretty pics of road signs.

[i notice the X9 system is now shown for the 370z???]

I've had no issues with the satnav in mine. Only annoying thing about it is you can't input postcodes.

Totally agree. As long as you have the full address, works fine. Like Joey said, nightmare not being able to enter postcodes!