What clutch to get?

gumpy000

Ok people I need some advice.

I'm in need of a new clutch.

But from your experiences which are the best to go for?

It's my normal day to day drive. I do love a race of the line at lights but I also need something that's good for day to day.

What's the advantage or disadvantages?

I can get an oem one easily enough but do I go performance and if so which one?

I have the Xtreme stage 1 organic clutch and lightened Flywheel installed in my daily DE. Worth noting I have never experienced anything other than the oem setup though. I hear the organic exedy clutch is pretty good too. Hope you find the help you need!

I would talk to Clark Motorsport if u are after a Nissan replacement they did me a great deal on the listed price plus gave me some good advice.

I had a http://www.clarkmotorsport.co.uk/parts/Clutch-Kit-Stage-2/2-piece/6073-2100 installed on my car. Great firm feel except it only lasted about 3000miles!!! And this was not driven hard or tracked! I contacted Clark and he said there were reported problems with this clutch he has seen in the past. He suggested going right to manufacture to get sorted.

If you drive normally and only drop clutch from lights now and then do not get an updated clutch. Basically they are not designed for slow start stop, manicuring using the clutch at low speeds you will burn it out in no time. Plus super heavy clutch pedal isn't the funniest sitting in slow moving traffic. Means no gym for that leg but u get used to it.

Also the other issue with mine was slave cylinder. The clutch as installed just before I bought the car but the cylinder was never upgraded. IF YOU upgrade to a completion clutch of any level then you need to upgrade the cylinders as the stock won't like the added pressure and fail common issue. Means dropping tranny and another labour bill of u have an HR no choice in this. Plus any fluid that leaks could get into the clutch and that means dead clutch. Upgraded cylinder is from about £330! Alone. Plus you will need to do clutch lines to SS lines or equivalent.

I take it you need a flywheel as well??? If so then I would recommend the Xtreme clutch complete kit on clarkmotorsport. It looks pricy but it includes everything you need nothing missed out for a complete solution. If you want stock the same place but you will need a new flywheel and make sure while it's getting done you replace the lines, cylinders to make sure it's basically a new system.

But I was lucky in my pricing as didn't need a new flywheel as single mass installed as pose to a duel mass.

But talk to Clark and they probably give you discount on either option you go for.

But price wise stock means more Xtreme is updated and will be cheaper if you replace all parts like you should.

Choice is up to you but make sure you get a good garage to do the job for you. Expect no more that 4-5 hours labour on this job from someone who knows what they are doing. Mine was replaced and garage only charged me £200 for total job and fluids! He knew what he was doing as used to race touring cars and what have you.

If you pull up and see family cars and nothin else consider what they might charge you. If they have some evos, 911's and things like that then ur car is a doddle to em.

Good luck and let us know what u chose.

Cz