RSR Sports i Coilovers in stock

Gaz Walker

Zsportsi_00.jpg

RS*R just released their new coilover lineup for 2007, the Sports*i!

Specs are as follows for the 350z:

Front Spring Rate: 10kg

Rear Spring Rate: 9kg

36 way adjustable dampening

Recomended +15mm - -40mm drop over standard front and rear.

Fully re-buildable and re-valveable

MADE IN JAPAN!

The coilover uses RS*R's Ti 2000 springs, made from a titanium composite material, which are lightweight but provides increased strength and durability.

Zsportsi_02.jpg

Featuring upper urethane mounts for street comfort, this is perfect for those who occasionally track their car but daily drive, especially on harsh roads.

The 36 way adjustability give you a wide range of fine adjustment, so that you can get that perfect setting when on the streets or on the track.

Zsportsi_01.jpg

Quality is something you can see, perfectly machined aluminum perches + coilover cups.

The Sports*i is a perfect coilover for those who want the performance, but want to eliminate some road noise and not get a teeth chattering experience everytime you drive.

RS*R is one of the older players in this import scene from Japan, and not to mention very known for their lowering springs, so for them to put their stamp on it, you know you're paying for quality suspension with years of true R&D!

orido1.jpg

On a side note, Manabu Orido helped to do the research & development that went into these coilovers.

To those who are not aware of who he is, he is a well known driver in the Super GT / Super Taikyu / D1GP race series.

For more background on him, please check out:

http://www.orido.jp/profile/

This video is alos great:

RS-R Drift Video

Very refreshing to have someone with true race experience put in R&D input, rather than some factory worker who just assembles some knockoff coilovers

Some reviews from the US from 350z owners who fitted this kit:

"""I just had a drift event on saturday and I was soooo suprised with the RS-R coilovers. I had them set 10 all around for daily driving and my girlfriend didnt even notice that I had coilovers installed The dampening is just awesome. I shortened the front shock body about an inch then the stocks and left the springs alone and I have 3 finger gaps on the fronts now. For those of you who would like to lower the fronts, I recommend to play around with springs and the shock body length. I was going to shorten the shock body by two inches originally, but I thought it was going to be too low so I only lowered it an inch and I regret it

The rear of the car has two finger gaps right now. I didn't adjust the rear shock length yet and only lowered the springs about an inch. I say this is perfect height for going over the bumps and scratch their exhaust or bodykits. I am going to adjust the fronts to match the height.

At the drift event, I set the front dampers on 18 and 25 on the rear. It was easy to adjust the fronts but as for the rear, I had to take the wheels and shock off. Although there are only three bolts to remove, this was a bit uncomfortable. I wish RS-R put the dampening adjuster somewhere on the bottom of the shocks.

As for the driving feeling, I say this is the BEST coilover for the streets and occasional track events. I had ex-formula D driver Tony drive my car and he thought I had stock shocks & springs on. The ride was comfortable but with harder dampenings, the car gripped alot better and unnecessary body roll was gone. The car felt stable through drifts and didnt jump over the bumps. When I used to have AE86 with aggressive springs and shocks, I had to worry about keeping the drift everytime over the bumps but not with RSR coilovers on 350z. The common problems of stiff coilovers are the ride comfort and bottoming out. I've driven my friend's S-13 with K-sport coilovers installed and I had to worry about going over the bumps and pray that my back won't hurt. Also, I heard that nasty sound of bottoming out, almost everytime over the bumps.

Again, RSR is freaking awesome The price range is about same as other coilovers like Tein, HKS and etc. I would recommend RS-R coilovers to almost everyone. You know you have a good set of coilovers when your girlfriend dont notice anything weird about your car.""

Another happy customer said:

RS*R Sports*i coilovers are definitely worth the every penny. After losing money on 2 previous spring/shock setups, I decided to step out on a limb and work and work my a$$ off to buy the new RS*R coilovers. My only regret is that I should have saved my money and bought these first. The adjustments on the dampers are so incredibly precise it's unreal. The valving technology is unlike anything I have ever experienced in the past. The car feels so planted and I am actually able to control my drifts better as well and ride them out longer. I have the dampers set on 18front/24 rears, which may be a bit stiff for normal street driving, but on a highway on ramp, the car is able to maintain increased speeds, whereas my old TanabeGF210/Konis would make me back off just a bit. Plus, the Koni dampers are junk compared to the RS*R's. With the polyurethane bushing on top of the rears, it just feels so solid. As far as daily driving, I would put these up to the HKS RS any time. These are the ultimate street setup PERIOD! I love you RS*R

Thanks

Kevin