Bluetooth OBD reader

cckyu

Hi, i currently have a 2003 import Auto Z. These few days i hv been trying to get the torque app to work but it doesnt seem to be able to read my ecu for some reason.

I have bought this at first and doesnt work

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ELM327-Super-Mini-V2-1-OBD2-Bluetooth-Adapter-Auto-OBDII-Scanner-Torque-Android-/221713465014?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item339f26feb6

Now i have also tried the OBDLINK MX and LX and both with no success as well.

I know this have been talked about before but i cant seem to find a definate answer on which adaptor works with my car.

Anyone have any idea? thanks

I've been trying to buy one for mine to work with NDSii ( www.nissandatascan.com ) this last week, and that only works with a v1.5 adaptor, not a v2.1. Can't say for sure about other apps but it definitely needs a v1.5 for that... saying that it wouldn't talk to the Torque app either.

• 3 years later...

Hello , been trying multiple WiFi, by OBD2 readers and finally got them to work on 350z JDM . Tried these expensive ones Obdlink LX, MX and cheap Amazon ones . Verdict : all work with different apps .

Obdlink LX, MX scanner works with Car gauge Pro and Motor Data  only.( Checked lots of different apps and these 2 apps successfuly established connection with ECU  , while OEM app didn't find protocol and manually changed to right one didn't work.

Cheap Amazon scanners do exactly the same job . 

Car Garage Pro - after installation tick Japan OBD and connect / Nissan/ECM Gasoline / engine 10. 

This should establish connection between ECU and scanner.

MotorData - first thing after installation you need to create profile for nissan z33 ( it's free for testing, after successful connection you have to buy plugin for £4.99) and you ready to connect , app will automatically find right protocol. 

Both apps have all you need . Car Gauge Pro fast live readings and MotorData great for diagnosis , let's you fully understand codes and all warning light etc . Thanks.

IMG20180826132829.jpg

IMG20180826132239.jpg

IMG20180826132209.jpg