Stainless Steel Y-pipe

red or zed

Guys,

I bought this off Sinbad back in June and have never got round to fitting it, so its basically in the same condition as when I bought it.

I dont have any pics to hand, but Sinbad may still have the ones he used.... ;)

Its basically a straight swap for the OEM one, but is more free flowing and should in theory give a bit more growl to the zed...

I think I paid Chris £40 for it, so if anybody wants it, they can take it off my hands for the same.

Cheers

Matt

Matt

Sorry Mike!

I cant comment obviously, but its a lot less restrictive than the OEM pipe- not sure what the two "wound" parts you can see are called, but they are a lot smaller than those on the OEM. I would imagine that it would aid the gas flow slightly and maybe change the tone a little- thats what I was hoping and bought it on the assumption that I didnt exactly have much to lose as I only paid Chris 40quid for it!

Cant remember but a guestimate would be ~ 2-3kgs.

If you can get the car on a ramp then its about 10-15minute job. I did mine with a mate in about 20mins, jacked the car up, pushed the old one off with my foot (to bend the fexi-pipe sections), slotted the new one over the bolts, screwed the nuts on and bobs your uncle! :teeth:

6 Bolts in all. Y-Pipe was made by a comany in the US using 304 grade stainless steel.

The differences. . . . . . makes the car sound like a tractor . . . .and you loose about 50bhp as you dont have enough back pressure. . . . . .you really dont want one. . . .

but then you shouldnt listen to me. . .i may be biased

:D

hehe

no, in all honestly i have heard ppl say that depending on the Y-Pipe, it will be a little louder and may free up a few ponies up top.

Jamie