Change the speedometer gauge cluster

MPv6

Hi!

I have a rather unusual issue. My Z is imported from the US so it has all the gauges in Amercian units, like speed in mph, temperature in Farenheit etc. It's a custom built showcar so there are A LOT of modifications and special solutions on this car.

I have switched the gauge cluster in the center console to another one, from a car that's European (Swedish) and that changed the units to km/h, Celsius and so on.

Now, for my first question:

Does anyone know if it's possible to just switch the whole gauge board with the speedometer, rev etc to another one? The car has only gone 8800 miles, which is just above 14 000 km. And I would like this to show in km instead of miles.

Obviously the units changed and nothing else happened when I switched the gauge cluster in the center console, so wouldn't it be possible to do the same with the analog speedometer gauge board or will the car protest against that and give me all sorts of error codes? I know that some parts are coded to each specific vehicle, but is this the case with the analog speedometer?

Question number two:

The trip computer in the center console shows temperature as default setting. I can change it to speed, but when I turn the ignition off and turn it on again, it's back on temperature. Does anyone know if it's possible to make it stay on speed instead of "resetting" when I turn off the ignition?

Best regards,

Markus, Sweden

You can exchange the speedo/rev console, if thats what your asking (not just pcb boards inside) but you will need to have mileage altered to read your current mileage. I swapped to Uk gauges on my jdm and had my mileage corrected to match.

You may need the little white box that the fan controls plug into also, behind the centre consul.

Edited by Jetpilot

You can exchange the speedo/rev console, if thats what your asking (not just pcb boards inside) but you will need to have mileage altered to read your current mileage. I swapped to Uk gauges on my jdm and had my mileage corrected to match.

You may need the little white box that the fan controls plug into also, behind the centre consul.

Ok, thanks! I'll try to exchange it. How do you alter the mileage on the new speedo/rev console?

I exchanged the speedometer console and turned on the ignition. The mileage showed in kilometers, but it was like 64 000 km or something. I guess that means that the mileage is stored in the speedometer console itself.

How did you alter this number?

What do I need the white box for? Did you mean that you also exchanged this box for a UK box on your jdm 350z?