Fitted Pop charger today :)

Joeycuz

Today I fitted the Popcharger to my Zed and just thought I'd let anyone know who's considering purchasing one to go for it! Very easy to remove stock filter box and to my surprise even easier to fit the Popcharger. Only difficulty I came across was fitting the heat shield with the two screws but had it all complete in 30mins.

Started the zed and was very impressed with the deeper tone. I've got decats fitted and a scorpion exhaust and to me it seems as if the car sounds a lot more 'meaty'. Can't notice a loss/gain in power but I suppose I need it mapping to see any difference?

Just thought I'd do this post for anyone who can't decide on which intake to go for and say just how easy it is to fit this one. I'm Going to attempt to fit a new y-pipe tomorrow but I think that may be difficult due to the bolts being rusted!!

Nice one mate, ive kinda got the same set-up minus the decats so would be interested to hear what it sounds like compared to mine.

If i can make a suggestion; get yourself a plenum spacer to go with all that, then get it remapped. You'll notice a big difference even before a remap.

Ive done mine but havent got it remapped yet and its so much more responsive and throatier.

I just took mine off and put the Stillen version on and thats sounds even better although main reason was the engine bay look - Car gets the uprev redone at Abbey on Saturday

Yeah I do need to get myself a plenum spacer fitted. To be honest, the only reason I bought is was because I had to order a new y-pipe and this popped up on the side so I clicked add to basket haha! I'm about to fit the y-pipe now so let's see if that makes any difference also.

Just out of curiosity, what kind of price would I be looking at to have the Uprev installed?

The first one includes the software license so GBP 500+ mark with dyno time etc. Any future remaps are a lot less than than so you have to think if its worth it to you. I didn't like the restriction/response on mine so wanted all restrictions removed. I wasn't overly bothered about a high HP gain as my car is a 2003 so its not suddenly going to be a 300HP monster after a tweak. . It went from 248 to 259 with a plenum spacer ( stage 1 Abbey retune) I would like it as close to possible to when it came out of the factory @ 276 but not over as the insurance companies seem OK with that. The principle performance additions since the last remap are HFC's and the Stillen air intake so may well make up the 16HP i need to get my ideal target