Jaguar F-Type R AWD : movie and pictures

madmax1982

Been out with ProDrifters as well, thats fun as well..... just look at where you are going, not where the car is pointing

Track looks similar to Bruntingthorpe for the ASDA day 160-170mph down the back straight on those events :)

Thats a shame.... they be looking at trying to pull the GTR guys across, like Aston is.... hoping to get a test day with a couple of different cars ;)

The drifting sounds great!

And yep, I managed to hit 175 on the straight, the pro managed to max it out at 186!! Although I was battling with a crazy amount of wind and a lot of rain, that's my excuse anyway!!

I would love to get myself into a GTR, need to get some more track time booked!

Sounds like a good day then B)

• Like 1

So what's with issues with the build quality of JLR cars??

I have to say one of the reasons we went to Lexus instead of Jaguar as a replacement car for the wife was based on the impressive reliability of Lexus compared to JLR who seem to finish bottom at every kind of follow up survey...

Surely nearly all new cars are mass produced using the same robots, production lines, what's different about how Lexus put their cars together compared to JLR??

One day I still hope to own a JLR product, on the whole the car designs are the best in every segment (XE excluded :p), but the constant bad customer reports means I have very little confidence in spending £60k+ on a brand that seems to struggle to deliver on longterm build quality?? In-a similar note I wouldn't be buying another BMW again either based on the rubbish reliability of the 335i....I just don't understand in an age of near automated production lines how quality can vary so much from company to company??

Edited by gangzoom

So what's with issues with the build quality of JLR cars??

I have to say one of the reasons we went to Lexus instead of Jaguar as a replacement car for the wife was based on the impressive reliability of Lexus compared to JLR who seem to finish bottom at every kind of follow up survey...

Surely nearly all new cars are mass produced using the same robots, production lines, what's different about how Lexus put their cars together compared to JLR??

One day I still hope to own a JLR product, on the whole the car designs are the best in every segment (XE excluded :p), but the constant bad customer reports means I have very little confidence in spending £60k+ on a brand that seems to struggle to deliver on longterm build quality?? In-a similar note I wouldn't be buying another BMW again either based on the rubbish reliability of the 335i....I just don't understand in an age of near automated production lines how quality can vary so much from company to company??

I think its not the assembly thats the issue, its the smaller components that are bought, like sensors, etc. For me, it was also the service received from the dealer and JLR UK that has forced me to have such a harsh opinion of JLR.