"Glovebox" flaps

Andy

I have heard that there may be more than one option for the flap above the headunit where the satnav goes. Is this the case and if so, what are the options? Was one on imports or something??

Thanks in advance :thumbs:

(Admin - Sorry if this is in the wrong room but seemed the best fit!!)

Looking at that lower picture, it looks like it has an electric motor (notice the little red wire)

I have not heard of, or seen that before.

In my opinion the spring loaded ones are a bit feeble, so maybe this is better, but still $280 for that? Its quite expensive.

If it's the same as mine the red wire is from the pressure switch that activates the screen when the cover is opened.

Saves the screen being always on.

Mine has now been ripped out and replaced with a touchscreen for the carPC.

If it's the same as mine the red wire is from the pressure switch that activates the screen when the cover is opened.

Saves the screen being always on.

Mine has now been ripped out and replaced with a touchscreen for the carPC.

aaah interesting, so I'm just wondering if this is the unit we have here in Europe or not!

Scott, was your flap motorised then??? :wacko:

I am removing the dash to install some more wiring tonight so if I get a chance I will take some pics.

The retracion is via a thick springed coil in the middle which pulls the rear of the front flap back, with speed controled by the cogged gear at each side.

@ Andy

I have re-used the flap to mount the touchscreen behind. LinITX 7" touchscreen fits perfectly behind existing opening.