painting the strut bar.

gumpy000

Hi peeps. Wondered if any of you guys could give me any tips.

I took my strut bar off last week while fitting my shiny polished plenum courtesy of Mopedmark.

Any how. I thought why not paint the feet of the strut. Instead of buying a new. Save some money and all. However when it can to cleaning it. I have some sort of wax on the feet.

What can I get this off with. I can scratch it off with my nail to a point as you can see from pic below. Is this normal? What can it be? What can I use to remove? Some sort of thinner?

Any ssuggestions would be great. Looking at my Engine bay it's on there too around the metal of the bodywork?

Cheers in advance.

20150414_215904_zpsba1elfvl.jpg

Could try boiling water as/if they are off. But the stock answer is 'carb cleaner' for the transit wax then prep,prime and paint.

Prep can be done with steel wool or wet and dry. Clean with meths, IPA or weapon of your choice. Then prime,flat them if needed.

Then clean them then paint.

• Like 1

Mark did mine and polished the strut bar as well to match the plenum. I have a spare strut bar if your interested and I can also drop off at Marks in a few weeks if he can do it. You know it makes sense ! B)

• Like 1