DBA Discs & Ferodo DS2500 Pads Review (road and track)

alexwitham

[quote name='DarmoZ' timestamp='1455356597' post='1586013']
Ok so I now have braided brake lines, and fluid bled. The pedal does feel a lot more responsive, it's not like brand new Audi feel with the initial huge bite, still progressive I would say, but a lot better, I'm not dissatisfied approaching stop lights and junctions anymore. Happy camper again :)
[/quote]

I was meant to go to my friends unit today, hang out and fix bit and tinker with my car.
One of things I'm looking at doing is this and was going to mock something up today but sadly I have to wait:
http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/105678-master-brake-cylinder-brace-lets-make-one/

Have a look on youtube/google (not just for 350z, all cars) and you'll see that everyone says it makes a difference, as to what extent will depend how good the brace is I imagine. As you'll see, some still flex.

I'll keep that thread updated with both good or bad news :lol:

• Like 1

Just copying my experiences on DS2500's from another thread -

Ok so about 12 months ago I was looking for advice on a fast road pad that would be good on track too. I was hesitant to use DS2500's as previously had issues with pad transfer on my old 200SX after track use and ''warping'' the disks, but the advice here was that nobody really experienced that and they are the best all rounder - so I fitted a front set, stoptech braided hoses, Stoptech slotted disks and ATE super blue fluid.

The result was the same as what I experience before - fine for fast road, good bite, not much fade on track, a good deal of dust, no squealing but disappointingly the pad transfer to disk was abundant on track and over the 2 trackdays I've done (Mondello and Anglesey) I've come away with wobbly disks that I had to have skimmed afterwards. I leave 1 - 1.5 laps for cooling down and would push the brakes fairly hard (as they should be) on track for up to 6 or 7 laps. My hub surfaces are true and clean, all suspension tight, wheels balanced, tyres even (F1's on Ray's).

So the DS2500's have gone in the bin, I've skimmed the disks again (still like new thickness) and am currently running a spurious pad for the road until I buy a better set of track pads for a trip to Spa, Stelvio, Rooute Napoloen this summer.

Edited by Kingers