Drove an MY07 today for first time

AndyC

some of u may know that i've had my eye on a certain car for a little while now that a dealer i know of hasn't managed to shift. i've been ringing them from time to time seeing whether they were going to move on it, which they slowly are but not much.

anyway, had a drive today and i was really surprised at how different it felt. first thing was that the redline isn't until 7500 and it gets far less breathless at higher revs. i know there have been other posts saying that the clutch is lighter but tbh it felt heavier than mine, in fairness it could be that mine is on it's way out tho.

yeah it's quicker but it's how it delivers it - much, much better traction than mine all the time whether its standing starts or cornering. sounds lovely too :thumbs: the steering also appeared to be much more direct. i don't kno whether this is purely cos it had rays on (mine has oem standards, which are much heavier) but i've driven other z's before with rays that didn't feel like this.

overall i'm very, very impressed.

the only downside i can see is the figures the jokers came back with, i told them i'd see them next month :lol:

careful H5, you'll want one :lol: i do now, but not at that price :thumbs:

i was lovin the midnight blue but now i'm not so sure, it looks too dark i think

That's why I have stayed away. I just need someone to go and spec one with the NISMO wheels and body kit, put it in a garage for 12 months then I'll take it off their hands for £25k!! :teeth:

I love it. I think properly polished it would gleam and be the best colour for a Zed. In the sun it would sparkle! B)

careful H5, you'll want one :lol: i do now, but not at that price :thumbs:

i was lovin the midnight blue but now i'm not so sure, it looks too dark i think

I love it. I think properly polished it would gleam and be the best colour for a Zed. In the sun it would sparkle! B)

Sounds like your sold. ;):lol:

Dig deep tight arse and go get it :teeth:

:lol:

yeah go for it H5!! let's see what u can do with that midnight. may sway me that way 2 then :lol:

i don't reckon u could make it THAT good.

as Andy stands back and waits for H5 to bite :lol:

Well if you don't want a brand spanker then just shop around. A car I didn't buy but test drove had 4k miles on (Black 07 GT Roadster) and went for £26k. All I will say to you is I didn't pay that for that for my 07 roadster B). The guy at the dealership said I had got a great deal on the car (a combination of luck and timing helped). I'm just glad someone else has paid my 5k+ depreciation for 4 months of ownership.

:lol:

yeah go for it H5!! let's see what u can do with that midnight. may sway me that way 2 then :lol:

i don't reckon u could make it THAT good.

as Andy stands back and waits for H5 to bite :lol:

:lol::p

Your mind games will not work Mr C!! :surrender:

Well if you don't want a brand spanker then just shop around. A car I didn't buy but test drove had 4k miles on (Black 07 GT Roadster) and went for £26k. All I will say to you is I didn't pay that for that for my 07 roadster B). The guy at the dealership said I had got a great deal on the car (a combination of luck and timing helped). I'm just glad someone else has paid my 5k+ depreciation for 4 months of ownership.

absolutely agree mate :thumbs: did exactly the same thing on my current car 2&1/2yrs ago now (woah that's gone quick!) - got her with 3777 miles on, 5 months old, local dealers ex demo £25k.

there's no way i'm prepared to pay what they're asking but the more i think about it (and also the fact i got the finance quote today :lol: ) it seems to make a lot of sense. we're not that far off on the figures really, if we can meet in the middle i'll be a happy camper and i'll have got, what i consider to be, a great deal also. happy days :yahoo: well not getting my hopes up yet, got some phone calls to make first!

we're not that far off on the figures really, if we can meet in the middle i'll be a happy camper

I'm assuming you have told them this ?

If your figures are reasonable I'm sure they will do their best to do the deal.

Don't expect them to knock hundreds off though, the GT pack cars ALWAYS sell and are surprisingly hard to find so they won't give the car away.

I'm assuming you have told them this ?

If your figures are reasonable I'm sure they will do their best to do the deal.

Don't expect them to knock hundreds off though, the GT pack cars ALWAYS sell and are surprisingly hard to find so they won't give the car away.

Not yet mate no, well not on the meeting in the middle bit yet, I told them when I was there where I wanteed to be on the figures and that I wouldn't go any higher, the only reason is that I wanted to fully check out the final finance figures before commiting on a deal. Now I know exactly what it will cost me then I can go in firmer and say to them that it can be off their forecourt within a week.

Completely agree with what ur saying mate but that dealership isn't going to shift that car off their forecourt. I know exactly how many Zs they've sold and in what specs & colours. This car has been sat there since June - which gives u an idea about their pricing :lol:

Couple more calls to come back to me then I'll be on the phone.

This car has been sat there since June - which gives u an idea about their pricing :lol:

Say no more, somethings not right if it's sat that long and it's usually the price !

Make sure they prep it properly because the discs will be shot if its been stood that long, as well as the battery and any number of other things.

Good luck mate :thumbs:

This car has been sat there since June - which gives u an idea about their pricing :lol:

Say no more, somethings not right if it's sat that long and it's usually the price !

Make sure they prep it properly because the discs will be shot if its been stood that long, as well as the battery and any number of other things.

Good luck mate :thumbs:

Thanks for the heads up mate :thumbs: , should all be ok tho I think. As it hasn't been shifting they've been using it as a kinda demo/sales director using it to get to work & back - got about 1000 miles on now so should all be good.

When I got mine it was the dealer principles runabout (as was the other I looked at). They have to move them on around 5-6 month mark (they get a discount from what I understand as a 'demonstrator') but can't sell immediately as its frowned upon by Nissan & the VAT man I think :p

Stay strong I walked away from one and a week later he knocked another grand off and the closer that car gets to 6 months old the more they need to shift it. Especially if its been driven by the boss as he wants a 57 plate car ;)

When I got mine it was the dealer principles runabout (as was the other I looked at). They have to move them on around 5-6 month mark (they get a discount from what I understand as a 'demonstrator') but can't sell immediately as its frowned upon by Nissan & the VAT man I think :p

Stay strong I walked away from one and a week later he knocked another grand off and the closer that car gets to 6 months old the more they need to shift it. Especially if its been driven by the boss as he wants a 57 plate car ;)

Cheers for the tip fella :thumbs: