Spark Plugs for remap

AdrianL

Hi guys,

Apologies if this has been answered before but I've struggled with the search and googling..

What and where can I get some spark plugs that would be ideal for a remap? I can see the usual stuff on eurocarparts but if what I've read is correct I should be getting the NGK Iridium ones? If so where can I buy these on the weekend (i.e. not online).

Adrian

Edit: These are iridium - are they any good? Anyone used them?

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Nissan_350Z_3.5_2004/p/car-parts/engine-parts/ignition1/spark-plug/?408776950&1&178c3ced0f630e9d2b490e24d2ee453d241e30e3&000301

Edited by AdrianL

Well the std recommended plugs for the DE are platinum, I personally wouldn't recommend using iridium plugs for mapping, but that's a personal thing, I always use basic copper core, but in any case there is no performance advantage with any plug, its just a case of longevity, platinum and iridium are intended for longer service life in applications where plug changing is a PITA.

At the moment I have NGK PLFR5A plugs and they are dead, I even have a slight missfire...

What plugs would any of you recommend on a budget? I just don't want to pay 75 pounds for plugs that I will be replacing twice a year...

P.S sorry for stealing a topic :)

At the moment I have NGK PLFR5A plugs and they are dead, I even have a slight missfire...

What plugs would any of you recommend on a budget? I just don't want to pay 75 pounds for plugs that I will be replacing twice a year...

They are platinum so you could either stick with them, shouldn't be more than £25-35 a set, or you can just go for copper core equivalent at about £10-16 a set.

They are platinum so you could either stick with them, shouldn't be more than £25-35 a set, or you can just go for copper core equivalent at about £10-16 a set.

Did a quick look on ebay and they cost ~60pounds for 6pcs...

Where I should look for a better price?

P.S oh and I don't live in UK :blush: