CF Engine Covers with "Z" Badges - in stock now!

JDM Performance

Got home this morning to find my engine cover and Z badges waiting for me. :thumbs:

Both look very nice, should have them fitted in the next couple of days and will put some pics up then.

A highly recomend mod for those of you who like the engine bay to look good.

Cheers chris.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I received mine last weekend, am really unhappy with the quality, the lacquer and carbon weave is crap in places and the edges are very uneven with what appears to be drips of lacquer. Don’t actually believe its carbon fibre, looks to be glass fibre with perhaps a carbon or carbon substitute top layer.

The Z badge does not fit flush with the cover as it has raised bits behind that must in normal practice fit into a dent/groove in the Z’s bodywork.

I actually took the badge off and removed the raised bits, took ages but the badge is now flush, removed the thick sticky pad used and just used some thin glue.

Also the badge has two ‘pins’ coming out of it to fit into two holes drilled in the cover I should have removed these as well, as the holes are not in the correct place and the Z in the badge is not straight, but I’ve stuck it on with glue – doh!!

Obviously all IMO, but a complete waste of money, may be I have a duff one but would advise you to spend your money somewhere else.

Wow, it does sound like you have had some problems with this one!

I've inspected all the ones we have in stock and non of them show any quality issues. They are all carbon fibre with a gell coat (no 'dripping') and all the badges are straight. We've sold loads of these now and never had any notification of any problems with them.

I am sorry this has happened SC and wish that you had brought this to our attention sooner and by private message to allow us to resolve the problem.

Cheers

Chris

I accept your comments, but don’t believe for one moment that mine is a one-off that’s why I posted the previous message and also this message on the site for others to be warned.

Don’t really care too much whether its true carbon because obviously it is only for aesthetics, but the gel coat is very uneven on most edges with ‘drips’, has bubbles in places and is crap around the holes for the bolts to fix it to the engine.

Presume the holes for the badges must be drilled in exactly the same place on all of the covers, perhaps with a template. In which case why are mine misaligned or are they all like this?

And with regards the badge being raised (by 2 or 3 mm!!), it looks crap and totally out of place, all of them must be like this unless there have been different badges used. Perhaps if a hole was cut big enough for the raised bits of the badge to sit in it would sit flush.

Am happy to continue this by PM, feel free to do so.