Vizibleed Review

evest

Just a quick review for anybody intending to bleed their brakes or replace fluid using one of these kits:

ae26e0ffd27d3ee63c2301ffbb751e40.jpg

They're £5 from Halfords and allow you to bleed the brakes by yourself. I used this kit successfully to do mine , working alone.

Normally using the 'two-man' method, your mate has to keep his/her foot on the brake pedal while you work the bleed nipple. If they release the pedal whilst the nipple is open, the system will suck old fluid and air back into the lines. This bit of kit has a little one-way ball valve on the end of the tubing, so you can hook it up, open the bleed nipple and then jump in the car yourself to work the brake pedal. The ball valve prevent anything being sucked back in - so you can then release the pedal and go to tighten the bleed nipple back up when ready.

I used this system for all 8 bleed nipples, topping up the reservoir after each one to ensure it didn't run dry. Job done, very easy and brakes are now much better. The kit worked as described so pretty happy for a fiver.

Pros

Cheap

Works well

Means you can work alone

Cons

Tubing is quite short and a bit coiled so you'll need to raise up your disposal bottle

As you're working the pedal, you can't monitor the fluid/air coming out, except for the driver side (you just have to get out inspect the tubing after pumping the pedal)

When finished, you will have fluid vacuum-trapped in the tube. There is probably a way to get it out without pulling the valve off the end of the tube and wrecking it like I did - but for a fiver, happy to just buy another one next time.

:thumbs: