Hood Not Working

galgazza

Hi Rob, no all that happens is the windows open, it lifts about 15mm at back and clicks..

Rather stupidly I picked a rather large friend up sunday morning a when he got in went to put hood down, when the seat moved he wondered what was happening ad I think pushed back.

Not sure if something is bent a motor...

Nightmare

Was fine, only had new hood and motors about 6 months ago with a previous owner

Has your passenger a large bank account :lol:

Sorry

I,m sure someone will point you in the right direction

Rob

You may wish to try this test, just to check that the hood does retract as it seems that the problem could be associated with microswitch operation.

I think the source of this"advice" was from an American Zed forum, which I copied and filed as potentially useful technical data on the Zed.

I have not had cause, (thankfully) to have to use this, so I can't say how effective it is.

"If your roof is not lifting at all. Get your partner to sit in the car and foot on brake and press the button. Stand outside on the drivers side and slowly manually lift the rear window section up until it hits the microswitch (pull section all the way open until its just over vertical). The hard shell will then move (open) and the front of the roof will begin to retract. If the window section does not drop down into the stow away part of the car, go to the passenger side of the car, and press the microswitch that's located at the 5th bow pivot point down at the bottom. Keep your finger on it until the rear window section starts to fall. Take your finger off the switch after about 2 secs and all should just carry on with the procedure until its ready to drive."

Finally, I should add that you should never try to force the hood to either open or close as this can cause damage to he operating mechanisms.

Hope this helps.