Has my Headlight loom been changed ? !Pics!

MrBlack

Hey all took my headlights out as i am going to try and clean them and replace bulbs

just checking is this the pin change that was needed for uk swap ?

WP_20150216_17_32_31_Pro_zpszuyr7ocl.jpg

i think this is the bit that has been cut then the bulb was connected to the red/black connector ?

then this one is rendered useless :

WP_20150216_18_02_57_Pro_zps4fzpy2yq.jpg

Also ever noticed this before anyone on here name Toyboy

WP_20150217_10_24_22_Pro_zpsh7ysulzm.jpg

Any help appreciated also anyone got any links to bulbs i can purchase that are brighter ? White lights?

Thanks car currently sits as this

WP_20150216_17_37_17_Pro_zpshat9nfa5.jpg

As I've recently swapped headlights from single xenon to bi xenon on my UK car I can try to help though I suspect anyone who has done the JDM to UK swap is what you really need!

Yes to your first question. But from there on everything doesn't really add up. From what you are saying and the pics it would appear that the pin switch has been performed but your xenon bulb has been disabled and replaced with an H4 halogen bulb.

The swap should have converted the non- xenon halogen set up on the base JDM or USDM spec car to a single xenon UK spec car.

So I suspect the conversion was not welldone.

The single xenon have D2R main buib and H7 high beam bulb. The bi xenon have just a single D2R bulb that flicks between main and high beam with the operation of a shutter.

It's really pointless to have a xenon set up and downgrade it to a halogen set up which is inferior.

I think you should hang in there and find someone who has done this here or go to a proper auto electrician and get this done properly.

Someone will come along soon enough.