VW Passat 2.0TDI Bluemotion - boring, I know but help sought :-(

Cragus

The father in law phoned me as he is looking to buy a delivery mileage VW Passat CC 2.0 Bluemotion. He has found one at Motorpoint that on the face of it seems to be a good deal. The link is below. They want a £300 to deposit to bring the car up although i have told him a 5 hour drive down to view it might be worth it.

http://www.motorpoin...WAGEN/CC/510292

At present, he drives a 09 plate VW Jetta 1.6FSI which is in mint condition. full dealer service history, 40k miles on the clock. It really is a very tidy car and they are only offering him 3.5k for it.

So my question is - anybody have any experience of dealing with motorpoint, will they move on what seems a good price. Are they generally quite mean with their trade in values. Has anyone else spotted a similar car at a favourable price etc

Any help appreciated.

Edited by Cragus

I got my previous car, a Civic Type R, from a car supermarket and generally they are pretty mean with their part exchange values. They run at small profit margins but they normally have their cars advertised at a good price anyway.