A few questions

Paul-w

Putting my bmw 330 convertible up for sale soon but need a few questions answered please,

Am i likely to have any probs if i buy a import compaired to a uk model,

Which is best for reliability and everyday driving , a manual or auto,

Is the drivers seat height adjustable as the missus is a short ass,

Is insurance alot more for a import,

Sorry for all the questions but i took a 350 manuel import out for a test drive and loved it (not the colour , spec or price) im looking for but never the less i wont one

Just had to get my auto gearbox repaired at a cost of 2k so my budget has been cut to about 15k when my car is sold,

any advice appreciated , paul

No shouldn't be any probs, plenty have done it before. even got a couple of trusted import dealers on here who sells imported models so take ssome of the hassle out for you.

Don't know of any disadvantages over reliability on gearboxes between manual and auto

seat is adjustable on UK models but not sure on JDM but imagine it would be

Insurance can be a bit more for JDM's. Have a search in JDM section or the insurance section and some answers will be there.

:welcome: by the way and good luck on ya search

:welcome:

I don't pay any more for my JDM than I would for a UK car. When I was trawling the web a few months ago, I typed in both versions for quotes and was surprised at how similar they were. Some companies just won't quote for an import, however, and a few seemed unable to distinguish between them in their model lists. Overall, I wouldn't let insurance concerns put you off.

Mine is a standard model (not an S or ST) and it does not have a height adjustable seat, though I'm a shortarse too and I find it ok.

The tiptronic gearbox is very smooth and changes are blisteringly fast. I love it. :thumbs: The car is a 2003 model and I've had it for 18 months, mileage just over 30,000 miles - so far so good!