audio advice - speakers

GIXXERUK

:yahoo:

i've got a pair of focal polyglass components and i will buy probably a mid range pair of kicker ks speakers

where would you advise i fit them

focal - front

kickers - rear

or vice versa , with the rear speakers acting almost as headphones the zed doesnt have a good sound stage, i know i would probably be best running decent front comps (as i have in previous cars) and the sub but i want to still keep the rear speakers

i also have a genesis amp which i am going to try and replace the bose one with and dynamat the rear

so... any advice on the speakers ?

tia

Paul :thumbs:

i want to put the best speakers in the best position, which should be the front but i'm not sure if they are bit lost in the zed ?

Whichever ones you prefer up front. The rears should do nothing really. Only amplify the fronts and leave the rears off the headunit. You can improve the sound stage by still running the tweeters in the mirror backs, and whatever speakers you put up front.

What head unit will you use? :)

thats the downside mate, i want to keep the cabin looking oem so i intend to try and get the best out of the bose by improving the speakers and amp

i do miss my mp3 headunit which is lounging in the garage atm :headhurt:

the bose totally lacks any midrange and is not strong on bass or treble either (the later could be due to the saucers supplied as speakers tho)

thats the downside mate, i want to keep the cabin looking oem so i intend to try and get the best out of the bose by improving the speakers and amp

i do miss my mp3 headunit which is lounging in the garage atm :headhurt:

the bose totally lacks any midrange and is not strong on bass or treble either (the later could be due to the saucers supplied as speakers tho)

It will only be as strong as the weakest link though mate. The BOSE headunit is poor output quality so your Genesis will be receiving sub standard signal. You can still Dynamat, and change the headunit keeping the OEM stuff in the garage? Otherwise, don't expect a great deal of improvement IMO. :)

Hmm thats what i thought but i would do the rest anyway so, i'll try it with the bose and if its u/s i'll change the h/u

think i'll put the focals in the front and kickers in the rear (i think) , trouble is when you sit there you feel you can only hear the rears and fronts just fill the sound

thanks for the input :teeth: