Odd courtesy cars or what I'm mostly driving this week

polarbear

So, dropped the Z in AGAIN :rant: on Tuesday to get the paint on the parking sensors and washer covers sorted. Tell dealer "don't go giving me no 1.0 Micra for my 110 mile daily round trip. So what did I get...

Navara 2.5d twin-cab pick-up!!!

Entertaining for about an hour and not half bad considering it's +2.5 tonnes. Only wishing I had some cr*p to shift from the garden.

On a more positive note I hit a pheasant on the M4 this morning at "a reasonable lick". Glad it wasn't the Z or it would have been through the windscreen.

Ho, hum. Z is back tomorrow, but still not painted :rant::rant:

Certainly better than a 1.0l Micra!!

Still thinking about getting one as my "run about" What is it like to drive the long distances and on fuel etc??

Gutted that the car isn't done! Why haven't they done it if they took it in??

Motorways average ~28mpg - amazing close to the Z actually.

Not bad on runs, but a bit bouncy as you might expect. This one has all the toys (leather, sat nav, cruise control, etc) that makes it easier to get on with. Tons of torque (+400Nm) which means it pulls like a train empty.

Not exactly a runabout. I think I'd opt for something smaller/cheaper.

Regarding the Temper Orange I think I've heard just about every story now. Wrong paint, wrong code, wrong thinners, etc, etc. Should get it back next Tuesday all being well.

Do you know we actually got complaints from our customers when we put an Almera on as courtesy car. It caused all sorts of problems with Insurance when Micras never did.

Strange world innit.

The Micras drive a damn sight better than the Almeras IMHO. The Almera is automotive blancmange... :yuck:

Blokes do look soft driving Micras though. :headhurt:

Agree, the Almera is dull as ditch water. When we send people for test drives in Almeras ( Old Veras ) we half expect them to slip into a coma before they get off site :)

Having said that I had a 1.8 SVE Auto with Sat Nav and drove that for a couple of weeks because I wanted to play with the Nissan Birdview Sat Nav and it was a very nippy little car. I found the Nav pretty decent too by the way !

I wanted to play with the Nissan Birdview Sat Nav

Yes, I've been playing too. Too many options and too distracting for me. I spend all my time watching the fuel consumption gauge! Is it the same on the Z version? I guess it isn't fully integrated in to the head unit for radio/CDs/etc like in the Navara???