Airbag Diagnostics

Veilside

Hi Guys,

Any body know of someone apart from the main Nissan dealers in the Nottingham area who is a whizz on 350Z/Nissan airbag diagnostics and has the software to interrogate the on board diagnostics. I've run out of ideas. :blush::surrender:

Cheers

Steve

Hi, thanks for your reply.

The airbag light had always been on continously. The previous owner said it just came on although there is evidence he did have a light front end smash but I wasn't sure if it was heavy enough to set any of the airbags off.

I decided to send the diagnostic unit away to have any crash data cleared.

The unit is now in diagnostic mode, the warning light flash sequence is off 7sec then alternates continously 2sec on 2sec off. The repair sequence for this flash pattern is the same for all the individual airbags and srs. Removing the three plugs from the diagnostic unit I have checked continuity of each individual airbag circuit etc. and all have checked out ok. I'm not sure where I go from here but didn't want to clock up a large bill at the Nissan dealers checking things that I can do.

Cheers

Steve

Hi Mike,

Thanks for that it did the trick, first time didn't work repeated and the light went out.

For anyone reading this if you have had a collision which has activated the SRS once repaired the airbag diagnostic module will need clearing of any collision data. Once back on the car it will usually be in diagnostic mode, thats the airbag light flashing. The airbag light will now need resetting as per the instruction in the link from Mike. Note having the airbag diagnostic unit cleared of collision data does not automatically reset the airbag light.

Cheers and thanks again,

Steve