[HELP]Bose Radio Buttons

sjc-08

Hi guys hopefully someone can help,

I have a 03 Zed with the Bose sound system sounds good and doesn't jump tracks in cold weather but the buttons on the Head Unit don't function apart from the volume,on/off and the both eject buttons (one for the CD and one for the cassette)

You can however use the steering wheel controls to change tracks/radio stations depending if the radio is stuck on CD or Radio function.

Hoping it is a simple wiring issue as I would like to keep the standard look for now.

Before you do anything, just check that one of the buttons isn't stuck in.

As they are micro switches they only move a tiny amount and it doesn't look obvious if one is stuck. If it is, the system thinks you have your finger on the button so ignores a command from any other button.

When mine did this it was the CD source button, it looked a tiny bit wonky, so I eased a blade in and it popped back out. Everything worked normally again after that. :thumbs:

if yoy feel brave enough to reomve your own HU from the car and do a small strip down on the bench you will be amazed to find that the complete front panel can be removed whole from your actual unit ,it can the nbe opened up and looked at or cleaned . its an easy job really just depends on your confidence and competence.

the front panel is connected via contacts from memory so is cip on and off with no ribbons cables ,you might find just stripping and refitting does the job or you could try the front panel from another scrap unit as there will be no code issues as the chips for that are in the unit itself not the face panel