Service time!

embrace

Evening all...

Im going to attempt a full self service if at all possible! Not done it before on the Z (except an oil change so any tips or advice muchly appreciated!)

The car is a 2005 reg and covered 22,000 miles. In the log book its had the following done:

P1 at 12k

P2 at 16k

P1 at 17k

P2 at 17.5k

P1 at 20k (self service oil & Filter change)

Im not quite sure whats recommended at this age im guessing pretty much everything, so my plans are:

Coolant change (Nissan premixed coolant)

Brake fluid change (A good brand DOT4)

Gearbox Oil (Can anyone let me know the viscocity as I cant seem to find it anywhere :S)

Rear Diff oil (Again what viscocity is this as for some reason its left blank in my service book)

Engine Oil (Titan Race Full synthetic)

Filter Change ( K & N Oil Filter)

Spark Plugs (Iridium 1 step colder)

Brake pads (Probably redstuff pads unless advised otherwise)

Aux belts

Airfilter not required

Pollen filter

Should that about cover it or are there any other recommendations?

Ive read a few posts about the coolant change being difficult to drain the block and airlocks etc... Is worth getting the local garage to do this or would they simply drain the rad, refil and be done with it as im guessing its pretty simple to do just this part yourself?

If any of the traders on here would like to drop me a PM with a quote for the above that would be muchly appreciated :)

Cheers all & happy holidays!!

Only use genuine Nissan gearbox and diff oils and stick a tube of Molyslip in the gearbox. No need to go one step colder on the plugs either unless you've got FI.

Coolant I just drained the rad as you get most out, to get to the drain points on the block is a nightmare and the risk of annoying air locks is not worth the hassle, you do need to still be careful with refilling (go SLOW) and use the bleed valve at the back of the engine bay.

Brake fluid go with Motul RBF600 and depending on what you want out of the car, whilst you're doing the pads too, I'd change the lines to braided SS ones. Most people recommend Ferodo DS2500 pads.

Worth sticking a magnetic sump plug in for good measure on yor oil change for a few extra pounds.

All in all it's such a nice car to work on, I do all my bits myself. :)

:pmclark: for all your bits :)

Edited by Jp606
  • Like 1

Cheers both.

Ive gone for a k & n oil filter just easier with the nutt on the bottoml

The one step colder plugs i got cheap so will just use them.

Regards the braided hoses is that to prevent flex in the hose so the pedal feels less spongey?

Does anyone know the capacity for the gearbox and diff?

Cheers :)