Pioneer CarPlay - baffled

Toby85

Hi,

So I've treated myself to a pioneer sph-da120 for my '04 UK GT Coupe and will be looking to fit this shortly. However, there are no two threads or guides with the same wiring methods!

I've read this thread (http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/55445-wiring-in-a-new-hu-this-guide-may-help/#entry1134771) and I understand I'll need an adaptor and patch lead as well as a facia adaptor, I will then follow the above guide.

However - this thread says nothing about other issues I've read regarding low signal or bose amp remote live. Can anyone clear up what needs to be done here?

Thanks in advance,

Toby

Edited by Toby85

Thanks!

So the blue/white flash cable from the new HU to ISO harness needs to be connected separately to a cable for the amp - which cable is this in the cars loom, does it not plug in with the rest of the cables in the loom adaptor?

As for the speaker outputs, using the phono /RCA outputs on the back of the unit for the individual front and rear left and right speaker gives a better signal level to the amp and I need to dig out these wires from the harness? I'll have a look for the thread you mentioned.

Thanks again

Getting my head round it now I think! How was the HU to use? I read a couple of reviews and liked the simplicity of it, and car play is a great idea. First time I've thought I a piece of tech is really worthwhile having in the car and it's cheap too! Got it for £330 with a lightning to usb adaptor from halfords in a deal! Going to get an apple digital AV adaptor which allows mirroring too through HDMI.

So - Need an adaptor and patch lead, facia, follow the link above for grounding, connect the remote switching for amp. Then, rather than connecting speakers through the adaptors RCA leads, cut them off and solder them to the HU ISO speaker cables. If I can be bothered I'll do a comprehensive how to as it takes a fair bit of research to figure it all out when it's actually reasonably straight forward!

HU was really nice to use with the iPhone 6 using maps, music and spotify. Looking forward to getting one :thumbs:

Incartech do the kit to install. Lookalike you got a good deal there :)

I'll also be installing a reversing camera when I do mine (pop down to Busters most likely as I'm ok with a spanner, pants with cables and soldering irons etc )