Bonnets with vents

martybhoy

Just curious what the general opinion on bonnets with vents is?

I am looking to upgrade in the new year to the bulge bonnet.

I know they are roughly £300 for the bonnets. I seen a bulge bonnet with vents either side though and considerably cheaper.

If any one has a link to one please attach it. I've sifted through pages and pages and still cant find the one I had seen for sale.

Also anybody got pics of their bonnets with vents?

Here's mine

ABBAFFAB-C0AA-497E-99EE-01907ADCB0CB_zpsqebq2rho.jpg

photo_zps9d8e8022.jpg

Water does get inside, but I had no problems so far, apart from top of my suspension getting a bit rusty! Also have polished plenum and if water gets on it while engine is hot - it stains it.

I'm going to make some Perspex covers for the vents to stop water getting in... But still will be able to take them off when it's hot

• Like 2

No pics, but basically Varis designed the bonnet with rain covers, which are supplied with the bonnet.

They cover beyond the vent hole area and have a raised ledge on the sides and water is directed towards the front of the bonnet just behind the radiator.

metal threads are moulded into to bonnet structure and each cover is held by four 10mm bolts

The carbon fibre bonnets look great, I fancy a colour matched bonnet with black vents though.

I'm glad the topic of rain water getting in has came up because that was my next question.

Vlad and bullet magnet where did you get your bonnets from?

Vlad yours is the style im after but with the perspex rain covers from bullet magnets. :lol: