Help needed.. boot too heavy!! Just slammed it..no warranty

N15MNO-Daron

Hi.. i just slammed my boot by accident the other day nearly cracking my Nismo spoiler in the process due to the vibration and shock.

How can you reduce the weight of the boot??

.. i beleive there is counter balance that can be removed.. but i tried to get to it the other day but the interior boot trim is solid ..cant get it to come off even with screw driver.

Any ideas pls... i know lots of people must have had this trouble.. (i dont have warranty on the car as its an import so i hope there's another solution without having to pay nissan £250 for new struts :dry: )

Sure.. but i got a better idea.. maybe u can ask the garage to remove the counter balance before they install your spoiler? and erm..maybe they can do mine at same time?? hehe :teeth:

Been trying to find that tool all wkend ... Halfrauds discont. this item... :headhurt:

Will call round some other car parts suppliers this week.. using screwdriver i already cracked part of the boot trim yesterday..so better get the proper tool for the job.

• 2 weeks later...
i bought them directly from kinetix - bought the kinetix v+ plenum and hfc together as they had a bundle offer on them which saved about 40 dollars i think..

ill let you know when the tool arrives and you can come borrow it ;)

How much did u pay for postage from US? i just emailed Kinetix about the same package deal..but they didnt reply yet.

Good news about the tool.. did u use it yet? i'll be round fri PM / sat maybe, if youre not busy.

hmm cant recall on postage sorry!

havent used the tool yet - it just arrived today - and anyway I havent had the spoiler fitted yet! I should be around on sat am..

Keep missing u by few mins Jeremy.. maybe 3rd time lucky.. any chance i can drop round tmr (wednesday) after work to get that tool??

How did the service go? i need to take mine in before xmas, how much Wilsons charge for it?

Got a reply from kinetix for the hi flow cats and plenum V+ total was $950 shipped. Probably go with that unless can get better in UK..

Here's a thought, depending on how much the counterweight weighs, you'd be taking weight off the back wheels. Only a delicate change, but might be enough to change the balance. You with me?

Fair comment but surely with the added weight of the wing the difference shouldn't cause a problem?

Here's a thought, depending on how much the counterweight weighs, you'd be taking weight off the back wheels. Only a delicate change, but might be enough to change the balance. You with me?

Fair comment but surely with the added weight of the wing the difference shouldn't cause a problem?

Exactly.. the weight of the wing shud offset against the counter balance being removed ;)

Jeremy - Cheers.. try to get there around 6.30. Did u ask Wilsons if theyd remove the counter balance from boot? (anything to get out of getting my hands dirty of course hehe)

I successfully removed the counter balance weight from boot lid..took 10mins and u must use the right tool for the job (dont use screw drivers like on my 1st attempt)

Im soo dissapointed that its no way as heavy as i imagined!

The nismo spoiler is still far heavier and the difference when removing th counter balance weight isnt significant enough.. i suppose at least the boot lid stays up now and doesnt come down on my head.. but still too easy to slam the boot and break the spoiler again.. seems i will need to order some uprated struts afterall.