Lost Service Book

HaydnH

Hi Guys,

When I got my car serviced in summer 2013 the dealer who performed the service lost my log book, they didn't mention they hadn't stamped anything but when I got the car back the service book was mysteriously missing from the leather 350Z folder I neatly placed on the passenger seat, I always check before even starting the engine after a service but hey, I guess it might have evaporated during the subsequent year! I didn't make a big thing of it at the time as my brother works there.

The car does have FSH, once a year at about 2k-4k mile intervals, currently at about 22k miles total. Up until this it did have FNSH but I decided enough was enough and went to Sly@Kaizer last summer. The garage that performed the first and second services while the car was owned by the previous owner, Crosby Park Nissan in Liverpool, apparently don't keep records for 2008-2009 so I can't get proof of those services, the 2010-2014 stamps I can replace though.

What would you do? Get the 2010-2014 stamps and continue from there seems like the best option? I'm kinda suprised that a Nissan dealer wouldn't keep service histories for more than 5 years though.

Haydn.

I agree with mouthwash as most members on this forum seem to keep receipts of every penny spent on their Zeds even to the point of petrol receipts just to show that the fuel that was put in the car was V-Power or equivalent and this info could quite easily cover the fact that the dealer "lost" the service book but you have looked after the car. I have the service book but also a folder of receipts going back to the original delivery note when the ca was delivered to the Dealer when the car was new.