New car!!

Andy

Good man, I wouldn't buy a new car for the same reson. I might if I could afford to take the hit!

The Supercharged model is good and not too bad on the mpg! I haven't driven a turbo one yet, I might do that next time at home.....

You can't go wrong buying a new mini as the residuals are excellent and they are pretty cool (especially in specced up mode) the basic specs are pretty poor for the money!

My Mum had one for 6 months and got rid of it. In that time, I had it for about a week for various reasons.

My view....

The supercharger whined far too much for so little progress. In fact, it got on my wick and ended up short shifting so it didn't kick in. Just as you got going, you had to change gear. A 5 speed box would almost be better IMO.

The ride was OK, but I must have different views to all these journalists, and found it very unforgiving over rough surfaces.

Finally, the paint took ages to get anything out of it. It was a black 06 Cooper S with Chilli pack.

On the plus side, there's not a lot to polish as so much of it is glass! She got rid of it as the driving position and seats were giving her a bad back.

Loads of people love 'em. I'm just an old school Mini person. :)

Absolutely loved mine. Very nippy (especially with some some mild chipping ;) ) and nice handling for a front driver. The ride was awful though. Apparently they're much better if you ditch the runflats but as there no spare you could regret it.

You may not have liked the paint for detailing, H5, but it puts the Zed to shame for stone chips etc - very strong.

Check when you're pulling away that it doesn't feel like its bogging down momentarily. You could easily put this down to your clutch control but its actually an ECU problem which IIRC should be sorted with a software upgrade from the stealer. Its affectionately known as "stumble".

Have a look at www.mini2.com where I used to hang out. :thumbs:

Cheers for the replies guys!! She doesn't really drive like I drive the Z so the 1.6S will be more than enough for her to pootle round in!!

I checked out the recalls and it ahd had everything done on it that has been required so hopefully it should be ok!

• 3 weeks later...
Cheers for the replies guys!! She doesn't really drive like I drive the Z so the 1.6S will be more than enough for her to pootle round in!!

I checked out the recalls and it ahd had everything done on it that has been required so hopefully it should be ok!

How's the Mrs getting on with the Mini Andy?

Just posted a similar thread to yours (oops....must remember to search :blush: )

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic ... highlight=