350z 2007 HR Clutch

Mike_Z

Hi Guys,

I'm new to the forum but have been reading for the last two weeks. Looks a great very informative place :-)

I'm looking for some advice, ive put a deposit on a 2007 HR model and the garage are now saying that the clutch and fly wheel needs to be replaced. They say there is a lot of play when the car heats up, the car is very low mileage. So it seems strange that this would go so quickly? (30,000 miles)

They have offered me a discount if i were to take the car as it is.

How much would it cost to get aftermarket parts or should i just walk away ?

Any advice apreciated.

Thanks

Michael

Welcome to the forum Michael :)

Its not uncommon for the 350Z to need a clutch at that mileage as it may not necessarily be worn out but could have issues with the Dual Mass flywheel or concentric slave cylinder or both.

Retail from Nissan to replace the clutch, DMF and CSC is well over £2000 so this may be why the garage is keen to off load the car. We sell the genuine Nissan replacement parts at £1295.

You can also go aftermarket as mentioned, we are just about to announce a complete replacement kit from Xtreme Clutch that includes a single mass light weight flywheel, uprated organic clutch kit and their own designed uprated concentric slave cylinder.

The uprated CSC is a very important part as the standard Nissan item is a weak point and cannot cope with an uprated clutch kit.

If you want more information please get in touch :)

Cheers mate, is the Xtreme kit available immediatly? Also is this the same clutch that would go into a 370z?

I'll be in touch in the next few days if the Xtreme kit is available. Thanks

We have two kits on their way from Australia via air freight which are due to land on Wednesday, there is a large sea freight order to follow.

One of the air freight kits is already pre-sold but if you are interested in the other please get in touch as it can be secured with a deposit. :)

and yes its the same kit in a 370Z as the 350Z HR

Edited by Clark Motorsport