Why it`s better in a Mokka than a 370

Wayne370Z

Got to hold my hands up and admit to how glad I was being in her Mokka yesterday rather than the Zed (and not because I missed a "drink" opportunity).

A trip to Heathrow to pick her son up and drop him back in Gainsborough turned into a mammoth 15 hour 570 mile round trip ;

9am leave Manchester for Heathrow - collect son who arrives back from New Zealand with no means of getting back to Gainsborough ..... :dry:

Leave Heathrow about 2ish travel up past Gainsborough to Doncaster - because he needs to go to his dads to collect some cloths as airline lost his ... :thumbdown:

Doncaster back down to Gainsborough, drop off his stuff, carry on further back down to Lincoln - wife has just gotten phone call that Grandad is about to pass away. Lucky I suppose that we weren`t back home in Manchester but unluckily he had just gone few minutes before we got there ...... :(

Leave hospital about 8ish call at friends round corner for tea & sandwich - not eaten since sandwich on motorway at lunch time.

Leave fiends about 9ish for home -- M180 -- M62 -- motorway closed as jnct 31 ..... :angry:

Diverted back along M62 for 2 jncts then up to Leads and back to M62 ...... :rant:

Then, motorway is closed again and diverted off at jnct 26 ...... :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:....... back on at jnct 25 and finally get home at mid night - absolutely knackered and the wifes up at 4;45 for work.

And in all of the 570 miles (thankfully at 56mpg as opposed to 27 and with room for him and his snowboard) only saw one Zed. A silver/grey 350 at Heathrow.

Edited by Wayne370Z