Rear Rattle on the rear Z bar thingy....

350matty

Dont know what you would call it, the thing at the back with the silver Z which you can see from the rear window.

Well thats rattling and its doing my head in :rant:

Think its cos the silver part is a bit lose and rattles when i drive. Think it just needs a screw tightening somewhere.

Anyone had this problem?

And does anyone know how i can sort it?

Would take it to garage but dont like them would rather stick a sock in there somewhere to stop it :lol:

350matty

350 Matty, you sure it's not your hatch rattling?? That's a common rattle, easy to fix too.

Pretty sure its the strut bar thing because of the type of rattling it makes. Think its the silver part of it that rattles.

I hope its not the hatch thats rattling. Just pretty its coming from the strut.

Strut Bar cover my friend :teeth:

Download the workshop manual, it shows you how to dismantle this.... and hopefully put it back together. I know what you mean regarding the sock, i've got one of them in my steering column.....still rattles :rant:

Thanks m8! Just downloads the manual and will start on it tomorro. :thumbs:

If I remember correctly, when I took mine apart, the strut bar cover is only held down by a few clips! Best bet is to simply stick something like an old towel in behind it or put some blue-tac in where the clips go in so it stops rattling.

That was my plan just a towel or bluetac. :thumbs:

Few clips nice, so i wont be needing any tool that ive not heard of?

If I remember correctly, when I took mine apart, the strut bar cover is only held down by a few clips! Best bet is to simply stick something like an old towel in behind it or put some blue-tac in where the clips go in so it stops rattling.

That was my plan just a towel or bluetac. :thumbs:

Few clips nice, so i wont be needing any tool that ive not heard of?

Yeah, you'll need a long piece of metal with a flat end and a handle thingy, to pop the whatchumacallits of the rear Zed bar thingy. :p

i had this irritating squeak coming from the strut area a while back.........took the covers off and used seal/foam strips to cover all the contact points....etc went for a test drive after that...........the squeak was still there........then i realised the one of the clips in the bootlid cover (near wiper) was loose and was the cause of the noise..........