Just got my full set of Brake pads....

350matty

My EBC Redstuff pads came today. Full set for £99 inc delivery. Thanks to bigphil.

Booked my car in for thursday to get them fitted cos i dont trust doing it myself. Booked to get front and rear pads fitted costing me £56 pounds, hope that price is ok.

My front pads def need changing but not checked out the rears yet.

SHOULD i just change to rears to so that i have same new sets all round? or SHOULD i just change the rear pads if there need changing saving me nearly half on fitting?

Is it a great deal that i run on new fronts and half worn rears?

Another question how can i tell if i need new discs?

Thanks 350matty :thumbs:

Just change all pads- easier, better braking; gain full advantage of red stuffs. :)

Discs if worn will have a lip on the outer edge/circumference of disc. Feel how thick this lip is. (Make sure discs are cool or else you will be needing new fingertips!!)

Just change all pads- easier, better braking; gain full advantage of red stuffs. :)

Discs if worn will have a lip on the outer edge/circumference of disc. Feel how thick this lip is. (Make sure discs are cool or else you will be needing new fingertips!!)

Yeah i ll just do that. Full replacement it is :thumbs:

Thanks!!!!!

So you running on the Redstuff to?

My rear pads have thin rubber pads that need sticking on back to reduce brake noise. So there need cutting into shape and stuck on. Problem is that its not an even surface therefore its going to be hard to shape them i.e there are round dips, do i need to cut a hole on the rubber??

350matty

Thanks!!!!!

My rear pads have thin rubber pads that need sticking on back to reduce brake noise. So there need cutting into shape and stuck on. Problem is that its not an even surface therefore its going to be hard to shape them i.e there are round dips, do i need to cut a hole on the rubber??

350matty

There certainly shouldn't be any rubber to go on the back of the pads. With the pressure a brake cylinder will create on it, it will just go through rubber. The shims that go on the back of the pads are usually metal. :)

BTW, I am running Redstuff all round. :thumbs:

Thanks!!!!!

350matty

There certainly shouldn't be any rubber to go on the back of the pads. With the pressure a brake cylinder will create on it, it will just go through rubber. The shims that go on the back of the pads are usually metal. :)

BTW, I am running Redstuff all round. :thumbs:

But says on the instructions that i should put these thin rubber things on the pads to reduce brake noise. You saying i should just leave it out.

The front pads have them already stuck on.

?????

Got my pads fittered.:teeth:

I already feel the difference in braking power! :thumbs:

How long do i need to give it before i can start some heavy braking?

Thanks again bigphil

You need to carry out a bedding in proceedure to get the best out of the pads.

On a clear stretch of road take the car up to 70mph brake firmly but not aggressively down to 30mph drive 1/4 mile and repeat about 5 times then drive gently to allow the brakes to cool.

At no point come to a complete rest with your foot still on the brake pedal.