New Clutch always makes burning smell. Any ideas?

leet8845

I had a new clutch, flywheel, release bearing, hose and slave fitted over 1200 miles ago and I still get a clutch burning smell everytime I drive the car.

To drive it feels good. It pulls aways on uphill with no judder and the bite seems to start low when pulling away but I do find it rises a bit too high when changing gear at normal driving speed. I understand the pedal can be adjusted so this might be a separate issue. I'm certain I'm not riding the clutch at all.

I can take it back to where it was fitted, I'd just like to know any ideas as to what could be the cause so I can point them in the right direction.

Any help appreciated.

I would go back to where you had it fitted and ask them about it (do this purely because if you dont and you leave it too long they could consider it to be due to your driving style or any other excuse), you can log a complaint if needed in the future (date,miles etc)

BUT I know with the 370z a lot of people have complained about the burning smell from the clutch when they are new (not sure what is normal for this to subside though)

when you're driving in gear, how much travel is thereon the pedal before the clutch disengages ?

drive in 4th or fifth about 30-40mph and accelerate hard (best on a hill)...watch the revs rise with the speed (i.e.not slipping)

burning usually suggests - new or slipping

hth

Paul

• Like 1

when you're driving in gear, how much travel is thereon the pedal before the clutch disengages ?

Thanks for the advice. Would this be how far I have to put my foot down before it's no longer in gear?

Double post

Edited by GIXXERUK