'Vibration' sound?

Scott TMN

Hi guys. Have a sound and its really bugging me. Really noticed it on the way to and from trax.

The best way to describe what I think it sounds like it when on motorway exits you sometimes get the horizontal lines, it sounds and feels (very faintly mind) that im going over that. It is speed relative and is worse when turning. left being the worst direction iirc.

Maybe a bush or bearing maybe? Any help greatly appreciated of course :)

Sounds like a wheel bearing to me, for some reason they sound different on the Zed than other cars. Mine vibrated and made a whering sound at certain speeds. Mine was worse turning right and was the nearside front so I'm guessing offside side for you.

I left mine to get bad then I could confirm which side it was.

Front are more expensive than the rear, mine was front and cost about £130 as it's pretty much the whole hub (looks cheaper now!). Got it off eBay which was cheapest.

Edited by Hooch

I took the wheel off and checked for play and couldnt find anything wrong.

In the end I was pretty confident which corner it was and couldn't think of anything else that could cause the noise so took the plunge.

My mechanic confimed it was noisy once it was off and the problem was gone.