Throttle Body Clean- is this right?

Dicky

Going to clean the throttle body. Having done that am I right thinking you then have to perform

1) "Throttle Valve Closed Position Learning" .

2) "Idle Air Volume Learning" .

OR

Are there other cals to do

OR

Is 1) above the only one thats necessary???

All these calibration procedures do my head in. I come from an age when all you had to do was change your points, set the tappets and gap your spark plugs. Job done ha ha

That sounds harder than a pedal dance lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I cleaned mine the other week, just do it carefully with carb cleaner, cloths and cotton buds and don't move the butterfly then none of the above will be necessary, I didn't need to do any.

Edited by Jp606

I cleaned mine the other week, just do it carefully with carb cleaner, cloths and cotton buds and don't move the butterfly then none of the above will be necessary, I didn't need to do any.

Oh that sounds like a plan! However if the Sh-- hits the fan I've got a fall back position!

Can someone confirm that the CEL (Check Engine Lamp) referred to in the forum calibration procedures and the MIL (Malfunction Indicator Lamp) referred to in the Workshop Manual procedures are in fact the same warning lamp.

I copied these procedures off the forum a while back but notice that the CEL lamp is refered to while my copy of the Workshop Manual refers to a MIL lamp?

Just want to be sure I'm looking at the right indicator.

LIFES TO COMPLICATED

CEL and MIL are one and the same...

Cheers young man. All these computers and calibration procedures are bad enough but when different names are given to the same item......WELL I CAN DO WITHOUT IT. It's bad enough ordering a coffee these days what with all the different milk, coffee, sugar, and cup choices not to mention all the bloody flavourings you can have on top.

You my have guessed I've reached that time in life when moaning becomes one of your only pleasures ha ha

• Like 1