Problems with steering wheel controls using Pioneer FH-X700BT

Dave.meredith85

Hi all,

Newby to the forum as I only bought my 2005 350z recently. Just upgraded my head unit from the Bose CR330 unit to the Pioneer FH-X700BT and bought the correct harness to connect them all from incartech. I have connected the SWC interface they supplied the way they advised and it still does not work properly. The volume button on the wheel changes the mode (e.g. radio-aux-cd-bt) rather than adjusting the volume. Also I have lost sound quality and volume, which I am making an educated guess of putting the speakers through the RCA ports rather than the ISO. If anyone could shed any light would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Dave

Hi,

I'm a going to be installing the same HU at the weekend, have you overcome the difficulties you experienced? How's the sound quality, might need to do the buster mod, connecting the speaker wires to the RCA's.

Thanks

• 5 weeks later...

I have exactly the same issue with the swc

when replying to a post like this, where you are wondering if they have resolved the issue - either PM the posters or multiquote, that way they will be notified that they have a reply in this thread (unless they have turned the notification off)

:thumbs:

Hi all,

Newby to the forum as I only bought my 2005 350z recently. Just upgraded my head unit from the Bose CR330 unit to the Pioneer FH-X700BT and bought the correct harness to connect them all from incartech. I have connected the SWC interface they supplied the way they advised and it still does not work properly. The volume button on the wheel changes the mode (e.g. radio-aux-cd-bt) rather than adjusting the volume. Also I have lost sound quality and volume, which I am making an educated guess of putting the speakers through the RCA ports rather than the ISO. If anyone could shed any light would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Dave

Did you manage to resolve the swc issue?

• Like 1