Found a 25 amp fuse \ Headlight issue

Pedro85

I've been having some trouble with my rear tail lights recently and during my attempts to fix it I found a low profile mini 25 amp fuse in the driver's side foot-well. I'm not sure where it came from, I've checked the interior fusebox and there doesn't seem to be any place for it there.

I have also since noticed that my windscreen washers aren't working, could these be related? I've been opening up the bonnet pretty often and have accidentally pulled the steering wheel adjustment lever a few times, I thought it might have fallen out from under there but upon inspection I cant see any place for it.

On the subject of my lights, I recently had a new head unit installed by Halfords, so I'm focusing my efforts there first. I added a new ground but whenever I start the car it just blows the fuse, even with the radio fuse removed preventing the stereo from powering up.

I have noticed that on my centre console, under the little storage bit behind the handbrake, there are a couple of un-plugged leads that don't currently seem to be doing anything. When I bought the car it had a Parrot system installed with cables coming up through the bottom of this compartment for AUX, Ipod etc. I had it removed when the head unit went in as it didn't work properly so they may just be left over from that.

It would also seem that my sidelights (first setting) aren't working, but low-beam and high-beam are fine.

Any help you guys can render would be most appreciated, Its starting to get dark, really going to need my lights soon!

Edited by Pedro85