Got a Double Din, how hard is it to fit?

hensh65

Hey guys,

Recently put a thread up on what Double Din to buy, managed to source one second hand for a bargin price of £175. Going to collect it tonight. Got the Sony xav-601bt.

Spursmaddave gave me the link to get the wiring loom/fascia/patch cable for the steering controls. Question is, how hard is it to fit?

I am not worried about getting the console and old HU out but its what is sitting behind it. If its just a case of conecting the new wires to where they need to go then fine, but I don't want to be chopping any cables etc.

Any help will be good help :)

Cheers,

Kris

Get a fascia for it and wiring loom...

Gear knob off, gear surround off...disconnect a/c etc dials, few screws-pull centre console out slightly- then disconnect top 3 gauges and pull whole thing out...swap HUs over with fascia adapter and wiring loom...connect it all...test it...refit it :) don't see it taking over 1hr! Pretty straight forward :)

• Like 2

Its easy enough mate but make sure you leave yourself plenty of time to do it.

I did mine just after Christmas, was the first time I'd opened up the console on the zed and first time id fitted a DD unit. Took me a few hours because of this but did also have a few issues with the brackets on my pioneer unit to get it to sit flush so had to do some adapting to the original brackets.

Basically just follow this guide and you should find it easy enough: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/56481-kenwood-ddx-4028bt-rear-cam-install-%E2%80%93-superguide/

I have fitted 2 or 3 HU's before but you shouldn't have any issues using this guide :)

• Like 1