moto gp

stuey

I personally think Rossi is the better rider. I do think Stoner is a top rider and better than most in the paddock, i just think Rossi has the edge. At the moment Stoner has a much better bike and Rossi is pushing his Yamaha so much he's making a few errors. It showed last season when Rossi had a more evenly matched bike to Stoner that in 1 on 1's he came out on top. Still respect to both of them. Its good that Rossi has someone who can contend with him. If Yamaha don't improve, especially with their tyres then i too can see stoner taking the crown again next year.

The thing is, Rossi is always up there, and always has been the guy to beat - even with the races that he failed to score in, Rossi is still second. In the past, there was Biaggi, then Gibernau, then Hayden, and then Melandri and Pedrosa are supposed to be future threats, but what they had in potential and guile, then lacked in consistency, which is what makes Rossi the complete package.

Stoner has always been reputed as a fast rider, but in the past, was prone to falling off - maybe he's actually mastered it now, or maybe he's just having a lucky year, only time will tell...but this is definately his year, and it would be unfair to use the machinery argument to take it away from him - we don't see Capirossi lying in second...