The Civic type r is back :(

addisj

They're great cars end of. Still look pretty good for a 13 year old car too. It's an involving more focused drive when you want it to be and frugal when pottering about. The zed just looks and feels more special

I've just switched from a 244bhp 04' EP3 to a pretty much stock 04' Zed, from my point of view:

EP3 was noticeably faster (203 bhp/ton vs 178 bhp/ton), especially at lower speeds

EP3 felt a bit more "chuckable" on B-roads, really easy to drive on the limit (which is partly why I got bored of it)

EP3 was much more crashy on uneven roads, took all the fun away from driving fast on bumpy tarmac , Z feels much more steady on bumpy roads

At 70 mph EP3 was doing about 3500 rpm, made me feel like I could use another gear plus more wind noise, etc.

EP3's projector headlights were noticeably brighter with 5k HIDs fitted, pre-facelift zed lights are a bit disappointing in comparison

Steering wheel on EP3 is a bit better looking to me and not as thin as in 350 although it lacks steering controls/cruise

350's driving position is lower and nicer and the whole car makes you feel a little bit special whereas EP3 felt like a regular hatch (it is much more practical though with large boot and sensible space in the back)

EP3's boy racer image is as strong as ever now that you can get one for 2k and it's probably it's biggest drawback, 350 is in a completely different league in that respect, everybody seems to like it, no matter what age

Edited by Adrian_CNC