BOSE Stereo Fault

djones39

Hi

I have what I believe is a common problem with the BOSE stereo (when using the CD player the left speaker keeps cutting out).

The garage I bought the car from did offer to replace the unit with another BOSE stereo however when they connected it up the stereo wouldn't work. Does anyone know what the garage would have to do to get a BOSE headunit (that has come from another 350z) to work in my car?? The garge is rubbish and doesn't have a clue what to do.

Alternatively, is there an afermarket headunit that will work with the existing amp, speakers, wiring etc..

:dry:

cheers

Hi mate not sure what the garage will have to do if you do get a replaced bose unit Id get someone else to fit it thats for sure like a proper audio shop.

Alternatively, Id ask for a replacement then sell it on ebay for about £270 thats what I got for my last one, then with that money put it towards a better head unit like a Kenwood or an Alpine, even a double din unit rather than use the crappy bose headunit. It will work fine with your speakers and amp as long as you buy a harness about £15 from the States so that it will allow the headunit to go through the Bose amp :thumbs:

Thats what I did:

kenwood.jpg

I am having the same problem with my front left speaker. It cuts out when i put my foot down and comes back on when breaking!! Really annoying.

Zedrush is this one on ebay the same as yours? If so do you think thats a good price?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/KENWOOD-DDX-7029- ... dZViewItem

Hi James thats the same as mine, its a very good price, I got the one with sat nav however I do know that if I didnt get sat nav option id still be paying about an extra £90 more than what you found it at on ebay, you wont be able to beat that price mate good find :thumbs:

What else will i need to connect to my bose speakers? I had a quick search but couldnt find a clear answer. I currently have a UK spec Z with bose headunit. Thanks

With this head unit all you need is:

You need a PAC-ROEM-NIS2 adaptor costs about £20 from the States pm Adam@Z1auto.com he got me mine and sent it to me :thumbs: awesome kit, which sadly no one sells for some weird reason over here.

Thats it, the Kenwood headunit has everything else for it to work, including arial input.

The only other thing which any audio shop can supply is the plastic universal surround to make your head unit fit flush in the hole where your bose use to be thats it, that will cost you max about 2 quid if that :thumbs: