Auto remote locking and electric adjustment seat not working

veeg33

Hi there,

I wondered why suddenly my auto remote locking won't work any more. I was still fine yesterday evening when I lock my car, and it was still fine this morning unlocking it and then drive to work and locking it. Then, later today when I drove to shop to get some food, I can't lock it anymore. Lights not blinking neither. But when I press unclock button, the indicators blinks. So it must not be the battery on the remote control. Weird.

And also, I notice the electric seats are not working too. Assuming they are related? They are working fine the last time I needed to adjust it.

Yesterday, I sent my car to Nissan Pentagon Huddersfield to clean the aircon, coolant change, brake fluid change and mini valet. The remote locking still working fine but didnt't check the electric seats.

Then I swapped 2 interior bulbs (cabin lights) with 2 LED ones. The remote locking was still fine this morning and when I got to work. It was only later today this issues starts. I thought it might be these 2 LEDs that caused the issue. So I removed them and replaced with the old standard bulbs, but still no joy gettign the remote locking to work.

Any idea what went wrong? or any one had similar issue?

Many thanks

Updates: I just went down to disconnect and reconnect the battery. I got back to normal, I can lock and unlock, and the electric seat works as well. However, after few trials, it stopped working again.

Either Pentagon has done something to my 350z or the LEDs that I've put on screwed up the system? If yes, is there anyway I can reset?

Many thanks

The electric windows are not working as well as I found out yesterday.

Took it back to Pentagon today, after few hours, they failed to find any fault with my car. Not connection issue, relay or fuse.......they could not find anything via the OBD tool neither......

They performed a factory reset on my car and everything now works as it should do. Lets see if this fix the issue permanently.

Oh by the way.......its free!! They did not charge me anything for the diagnostic and factory reset.....and when I got my car....they even wash and dry my car!! Now that's what I call a good service!!

I'm thinking of going back to them for next service (oil change etc)........Anyone tried them before?

• 2 months later...

I disconnected the battery and this only solve the issue for only 5mins or so, then the issue starts again.

I removed the LED that I replaced, factory reset my zed at Nissan dealership. Solved it permanently up to now.

Brought some LEDs from CS2000, and swapped then while the battery was disconnected to avoid any short circuits as recommended by CS2000 as well. All my interior lights are now running on LEDs as well as rear number plate light.

P/S: these LEDs does not need to be Canbus Free