New spacers fitted

dpbayly

Well after having my brother-in-law knock me up 2 x 20mm and 2 x 25mm spacers saved a hell of a load of cash as materials cost me £7 each and having them knocked up was free then all I had to do was buy the extended studs which cost £32 so all in £60 bonus,

As normal here's a load of pics:

DSC_0070_zpshksgcume.jpg

DSC_0071_zpsnbnhpxyl.jpg

New studs fed into place, I had a quick read up to give me a heads up on how to go about fitting them and found it was far easier than others make out in fact the other side rear wheel I didn't even remove the handbrake shoes just simply removed the retaining spring clips and just moved the shoes up and this gave me enough room at the top to feed the new studs into place before drawing them into the flange with a spacer and nut:

DSC_0072_zpsbav8f3op.jpg

Here's a front close up comparison one side to the other:

DSC_0073_zpsqkhaziyt.jpg

DSC_0074_zpshymcwaj5.jpg

Hit a little problem when I got to the last wheel went to crack off the locking wheel nut with a breaker bar the bloody thing broke up and took the key with it as you can see in this picture the locking wheel nut had a weakness you can see it's been rusting so must have been fractured it destroyed the key at the same time:

DSC_0075_zps9qqehpqn.jpg

So now had to remove the other 3 locking wheel nuts by smacking a 19mm impact socket down over them:

DSC_0076_zpsc6jfaak3.jpg

Gave me a good excuse to by a new set of nuts so I have these arriving tomorrow:

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item2ed3b65721

Looks great and the wheels sit much better in the arches :

Before

DSC_0043_zpsx6sfi6or.jpg

After

DSC_0080_zpsjid2vmtx.jpg

Before

DSC_0051_zpshbmx1q1r.jpg

After

DSC_0085_zpsx2a8ynel.jpg

Love the look and height it sits especially as it's still sat on standard springs with just the rear spring mount mod done so no need to look at lowering springs:

DSC_0086_zpsi7j1o9v4.jpg