Aftermarket Carbon Fibre Parts

SiriusProjects

I have recently bought a few aftermarket carbon fibre parts for my zed and have fitted them, but if I am honest, I wouldn't say I'm 100% happy with them.

One example is a set of carbon fibre door sills. I might have been naive, but I did kind of hope that they would have come with the snap in lugs, etc so I could just take off the old ones and put the new ones on, but no. The sills were just shaped pieces of carbon fibre and some 3M tape was supplied to attached them, which turned out not to be enough as when I fitted them, they didn't adhere properly. When they were fitted, the curved end wasn't even flush with the bodywork, so whoever had cut it, hadn't bothered to check if the angle was correct either. Considering the money paid for these kind of items, I would have thought that more care would have been taken to make sure they were finished properly. As it is, I will now have to go out and buy some more 3m tape, take the sills off, apply some more tape and hope they adhere when I put them back on.

Is there anywhere I can buy carbon fibre parts that have all the proper fittings on them? I don't mind paying more money as long as the quality is there.